Figuring out which data storage solution is best for your company requires taking into account a... Read more
All UK data centre locations
- Expertise - senior level support & guidance
- British - 100% UK-based & independent
- Experience - DC owners since 2007
- Quality - Tier-3 rackspace facilities
- Reliability - 99.999% network uptime
Why hundreds of organisations like yours trust us with their data.
- ISO 27001:2013 certified
- Tech UK DC council members
- On G-Cloud & HSCN connected
- NHS approved data centre
SLA Key Facts
- 100% uptime on power
- 99.999% network uptime
- 24/7 UK phone & email support
- 24/7 facility monitoring
- 24/7 SIA qualified security
- Physical & biometric security
- Automatic fire suppression systems
- Private vLANs for network traffic
24/7 UK Support
We offer 24/7 support from our team of highly qualified Sussex and Surrey-based engineers as standard. So, when you need help we’re immediately available on the phone, by email or through our online ticketing system.
Our flagship green data centre, 4D Surrey, is an award-winning data centre with a PUE of 1.14
4D Surrey has the following green achievements
- One of the greenest data centres in the UK
- Installed one of the UK's first evaporative cooling systems
- Award-winning green data centre project of the year
- Cutting-edge eco-friendly cooling
- Low actual PUE (1.14)
- Decreased energy usage of 88.9% on current cooling load
- Reduced carbon footprint saving c.440,605 Kg CO2 p.a.
- Cold aisle containment
- High intensity LED tube lighting
- Recycling and more
We have reduced our actual Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) to an incredible 1.14.
PUE is calculated by dividing the total amount of power a data centre consumes by the amount used by its IT equipment. A PUE score of around 2 for a data centre is average, while 1.5 is considered efficient.
Anything below this is very difficult to achieve (which is why many data centres don't even try). Only a few other facilities are able to operate at 1.1-1.4, making 4D Surrey one of the greenest data centres in the UK.
Full transit and partial transit, IPv4 and IPv6 supported
What you get
Two options for IP transit the first being ‘full transit’ and the second being ‘partial transit’:
Full transit provides you with all the routes available on the internet ensuring delivery of your IP traffic to and from every location.
Partial transit on the other hand includes just peering connections, which are the routes learnt from other networks that we peer with both privately and on exchanges such as Lonap or LINX.
You also get
- IPv4 and IPv6 supported (dual stack)
- multiple tier-1 carriers and peering exchanges
- fully-resilient Cisco ASR based network
- over 40 Gbps of current network capacity
- 99.999% uptime SLA
- and it's available in all 4D and major third party London data centres
How it works
Our IP transit services are fed directly from our Cisco ASR based core network which has over 40 Gbps of capacity. We provide a multihomed feed of routes from Tier 1 carriers such as Level3, NTT and Telecom Italia as well as peering routes on Lonap and LINX exchanges.
Transit is available in any of our on-net locations and is backed by our 99.999% uptime SLA.
How much it costs
Costs are dependent on the quantity of IP transit required (in Mbps) and the location where it needs to be supplied.
Please contact us on 020 7183 0602 and one of our network specialists can put together a quote for you.
- owner-operators of tier-3 data centres
- one of the fastest growing networks in the South
- multiple tier-1 providers
- our own dedicated fibre network
- high levels of redundancy
- dedicated fibre connections
- carrier grade routers
- 24/7 on-site network engineers
- stay connected within your 99.999% uptime SLA
Data Centre Interconnects
Dedicated UK fibre network, Transparent, layer-2 connection
Our dedicated UK fibre network provides a transparent, layer-2 connection (with full support for 802.1q / QinQ vLANs) between any of our on-net locations.
Connections are provisioned across our core network and a backup route is provided as standard. This means that should the primary route fail due to a fibre break or equipment failure then your connection will re-route, almost instantly, through another path on our network ensuring your data can still get through.
A list of the 4D connected data centres is available below and if your site isn’t on that list don’t worry, we can more than likely still offer services by using a tail circuit from one of our connected carriers.
Benefits of a data centre interconnect from 4D
- Expand your network to new sites quickly and cost-effectively
- Benefit from temporary connectivity between sites when migrating
- Reduce leased line costs by connecting to a PoP close to your office
- Save on bandwidth costs; compared to using Internet traffic and VPN tunnels
- Connect to customers in remote locations
- Connect to private peering partners or third-party carriers in remote locations
- Choose from the following port speeds: 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1Gbps, 10Gbps
- Run your own VLAN tags with no intervention from us
- Setup and on-going management of switches
- Setup and on-going management of your own dedicated firewall
- Managed security services (access controls, VPNs, intrusion prevention and anti-virus/anti-spyware)
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Separate back-up circuits with fail over for resilience
Data centres that we're directly connected to
- 4D Surrey
- Custodian Data Centres
- Telecity Meridian Gate
- Telecity HEX 6/7
- Telecity HEX 8/9
- Telecity Sovereign House
- Telecity Bonnington House
- Telecity Netherlands
- Telehouse North
- Telehouse East
- Telehouse Metro
- Telehouse France Voltaire
- Global Switch 1
- Global Switch 2
- City Lifeline
- InterXion Brick Lane
- InterXion Germany (Frankfurt)
- Level3 Braham Street
- Level3 Goswell Road
- Iomart Epworth Street
- Telstra Hosting Centre
- Thus iPHouse
- NIKHEF Amsterdam
VMs connected into your physical hardware colocated in one of our data centres
As a provider of cloud services, 4D can offer fast and flexible Virtual Machines that can be connected into your physical hardware colocated in one of our data centres through a dedicated cross-connect.
This has the major advantages of: additional security (you know exactly where your cloud solution is located); speed (a dedicated cross-connect will ensure real-time speeds between your cloud platform and collocated servers); and cost savings (as you don’t have to send the data from your rack over the internet to your cloud solution) – we literally run a copper or fibre cross connect from your rack into our cloud infrastructure.
Hybrid Colocation is
And there’s just one supplier to call.
The use of cloud computing has exploded in recent history, and so has the rate of taking systems... Read more
With companies playing catch-up with cyber attackers, we’ve predicted the six big cyber security... Read more