Join the 4D Team
4D Data Centres is a multi-award winning colocation, cloud & connectivity provider based in Byfleet, Surrey (KT14) and Gatwick, West Sussex (RH10). We are an independently run Data Centre provider which has recently experienced rapid growth and are looking to hire a first line support engineer to join our talented support team. This would be an ideal position for someone who wants to gain experience in a wide variety of IT technologies and is willing to undertake a variety of tasks.
The role will suit technical individuals with a keen interest in computer hardware, great understanding of customer service and strong desire to get hands on and go the extra mile. Successful applicants can look forward to racking and configuring server hardware, providing comprehensive technical support to our client base and working with the latest networking & virtualization technologies.
Successful candidate will be part of the growing 24x7 support team within the Network Operations Centre based in Byfleet, working a 4 days on, 3 days off shift pattern (07:00 & 19:00 starts).
On the job & external training/qualifications are part of the induction & development program offered to all technical engineers.
Desirable experience and skills
- Install and configuration of computer/server hardware
- Hardware & Server OS troubleshooting
- Basic Windows & Linux server administration
- Understanding of Desktop & Server technologies [RAID, RDP, SSH, FTP, SNMP]
- Basic understanding of firewall, switch and router configurations [TCP/IP, UDP, TFTP, Routing, NAT, PAT]
- Basic understanding of Web Hosting related services
- Understanding of Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V, Vmware & Onapp)
- Technical customer support or Helpdesk experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Any formal IT qualifications or experience is advantageous
- Keeping customers informed & setting expectations
- Install and configuration of server hardware
- Basic Server OS administration & troubleshooting
- Installing & maintaining internal Windows servers & backups
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Server rack provisioning
- Cable runs, patching & troubleshooting
- Daily, weekly & monthly audits/reports
- Resolving first & second line technical support via phone and ticket system
- Providing excellent customer service with a “yes we can” attitude
- Incident logging & following escalation process
- Ad-Hoc project work and providing regular updates to Project Coordinator
- Any other Relevant duties
Security & Operations
- Access authorisation
- Delivery\collections & stock checks
- Monitoring of building facilities
- Adhering to ITSM policies
- Documenting process & incidents
Cloud & Connectivity
- Cloud deployments and provisioning
- Website & domain registration\renewals & support
- DNS updates & configuration
- Hosted email & antispam support
- Proactive monitoring & support
- ADSL troubleshooting & support
- Leased Line & FTTC cable management & support
The role offers a salary of between £19,000 - £19,000 dependent upon experience, as well as 21 days annual leave, a fun office environment to work in including free soft drinks, snacks etc… After three months, you will become part of our pension scheme and upon successful completion of your probation period, we will provide private health insurance.
This is a full time role, and there may be occasional travel to other offices and data centres as and when needed.
Please note that unsolicited CVs or calls from recruitment agencies regarding this vacancy will not be accepted.