4D are very proud to announce the acquisition of our newest data centre. Details of the site are contained in the Press Release below. For any queries please do contact one of our Account Managers.
4D Extends Colocation Offering Through Acquisition of Gatwick Data Centre
26.10.2016, London - 4D, the independently owned UK data centre operator and cloud provider, today announced that they have entered into an agreement to acquire and upgrade a fully fitted Tier-3 data centre from BT.
This new data centre, based in Crawley, West Sussex, will be known as ‘4D Gatwick’ and will be the first dedicated colocation facility of its kind in the area. As well as being able to offer colocation (where companies can store their servers and data in a secure facility), 4D will be extending its connectivity and cloud network to the data centre.
This will enable local businesses from locations such as Crawley, Tonbridge, Horsham, Dorking and Brighton to access ultra-fast internet connectivity as well as reliable UK based cloud services.
The new data centre will have a capacity of up to 400 racks, 3 megawatts of power and resilient fibre which will connect businesses to the internet and the heart of London.
4D opened their first data centre, ‘4D Surrey’ near West Byfleet 8 years ago. Since 2008, 4D has a proven track record of providing reliable colocation, connectivity and cloud services to businesses throughout the South East. As well as its flagship 4D Surrey facility, 4D offers space in a number of other data centres in and around London.
Key specifications of ‘4D Gatwick’ include:
- On-site security and technical engineers 24x7x365
- 3 megawatts of power capacity
- Up to 400 racks, able to draw 32Amps of power each over A+B feeds
- Fully diverse fibre into the 4D core network and 4D Cloud
- Fully resilient generators and UPS (uninterruptable power supply) protection for backup power
- State of the art security, including biometrics and high-res CCTV
“4D has become one of the best independent data centres in the UK with a significant number of industry awards and consistently high client ratings. Over the past 8 years ,we have built a reputation for reliability, great technical support and flexibility,” commented Jack Bedell-Pearce, Managing Director of 4D. “Demand for colocation services from both existing and prospective clients is such that the acquisition of a new data centre was essential. 4D Gatwick will enable us to meet that demand and also to offer our colocation, connectivity and cloud services to the many succesfull businesses that are centred around Gatwick and Crawley and those in other major business centres in Sussex and the South-East.”
As well as hiring technical engineers, security guards, business developers and administrators locally, 4D is planning on investing over £5m in the new site over the next five years.
What makes 4D different?
- Client service – 4D’s experienced team of technical and business professionals are available 24/7. All clients have access to telephone support, on-site engineers and a dedicated account manager.
- Multiple solutions from one provider – Besides colo, clients can also get their cloud and connectivity services from 4D saving them time and money while building a great working relationship with a single trusted supplier.
- Flexibility – 4D tailor their services to each client’s needs – ensuring that they only pay for what they need and aren’t restricted by pre-configured specifications.
4D specialises in providing clients with highly efficient, flexible, resilient and cost-effective connectivity, cloud and colocation solutions.
For more information visit www.4D-DC.com
Nicola Williamson or Victoria Melville