In this role you will be able to:
- Contribute ideas directly towards building and improving the business
- Onboard new-logo customers
- Grow positive long lasting business relationships for data centre services
The BDM will help expand and develop our cloud sales strategy by working with the Head of Sales and the marketing team to deliver campaigns to grow the pipeline. We are looking for a BDM with drive and ambition who wants to lead the growth of 4D and position 4D as a leading private cloud provider and data centre operator in the UK.
The BDM will be responsible for complex/large consultative sales solutions. Based on customer feedback, they will collaborate with our technical teams on improvements to our products and services. The BDM will work closely with the marketing team to deliver sales campaigns, create engaging content to drive high intent conversions, and continually look for ways to improve what we do and how we do it.
- Driving quantifiable business results by attracting and onboarding new logo business through complex cloud solution sales
- Understanding the market demand, creating and refining solutions to support our clients
- Lead a go-to-market strategy for our solutions and become a cloud product champion within the business
- Continually strive for improvement in both our product and buyer journey
- Adapt to each prospect’s needs quickly, building a trusted relationship and creating champions for our services to drive expansion and growth with any business signed.
- Work collaboratively as a key member of the commercial team and across the wider company
Who we are looking for
A motivated self-starter, with proven success selling technology services, impressing clients with your knowledge about the solutions you are selling and how it applies to their business. You will be able to engage with each client, with as personable manner and positive attitude, to understand their needs and wants, and feed this back to our solution engineers.
You will be able to demonstrate an exceptional ability to communicate, build and nurture positive business relationships, and you also have the technical aptitude to understand every aspect of our services. You are passionate about sales and demonstrate resilience thriving from the wins and learning from the losses.
You have experience of growing revenue through new business, and cross-selling additional services through the lifecycle of the contract. You can demonstrate that you can help each client see the value in our services through regular calls and meetings guiding them through the buyer journey and supporting once onboarded through the lifecycle of their agreement. You are hungry for career growth and keen to lay the foundations to build and manage a team in an expanding part of the business.
You are empathetic and can quickly gain a deep understanding of customers’ concerns and thoughts regarding the use of our services and be able to pre-empt and overcome objections as needed. You understand how to professionally navigate a consultative sales process.
On the practical side, you are likely to be proficient with CRM systems and LinkedIn, with an ability to find and analyse data to identify likely buyers of our services. HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator are our main tools. You’ll also be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Zoom, Teams, Slack, Vidyard and able to quickly learn other office and sales tools to stand out. A strong interest in technology is helpful.
Employment at 4D
- Hybrid Working: Role is primarily office-based role for essential in person meetings, but with flexibility to work from home. On average, 2 days in office, 2 days at home, 1-day off-site meetings / networking
- Monday to Friday (+ some after-hours events as required)
- 8am-5pm (flexible working available)
- The role comes with 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance after successful completion of a 6-month probation period
- Report to Head of Sales
- Committed equal opportunity employer
- Regular work-sponsored nights out (other than the Christmas party)
- On-going training & development, for example VMWare Sales Professional
About 4D Datacentres
At 4D we’re all about delivering world-class data centres and managed infrastructure with a people-centred approach.
Our CTO David started young, launching 4D Hosting before he had even left school, and in 2007 he partnered with our CEO Jack to open our first data centre, the year before the global financial crisis hit. This baptism by fire made us stronger for it, having built up our client numbers, our team, and our skills. In 2017, we acquired a new data centre in Gatwick and diversified into cloud, connectivity and cyber security services.
For an industry that consumes huge amounts of power we have an eye on delivering sustainable hosting solutions with an industry low PUE (which measures data centre efficiency) and run on 100% renewable energy. We have won multiple awards including Data Centre World’s ‘Data Centre Operator of the Year 2022’ and proven our reliability by never having a power outage and guaranteeing 99.999% network uptime.
We treat our staff fairly and with respect and have a very high staff retention. Managers in the business support their teams and give a platform to be heard and retain our best talent through personal and professional growth opportunities.
In the sales team we reward success and provide an uncapped commission and bonus structure for everything you close. We provide private healthcare, work funded staff events, cycle to work schemes and create the space for you to learn through partner training and progress your development.